Monday, February 13, 2017

Goodbye Ebrary....Hello Ebook Central!


Fans of Ebrary, our collection of online ebooks, will notice a change starting on February 15th.  Ebrary will transform into the new-and-improved Ebook Central.  But don't worry, we've got the answers to all your questions!

Will I still have access to all the same titles?

Yes!  You will still be able to access all of the same titles - more than 140,000 current academic books covering a broad range of subject areas.

What about the materials I have saved to My Bookshelf?

Don't worry! The first time you login to the new Ebook Central site, you will be asked if you'd like to bring your old Ebrary Bookshelf into your new Ebook Central account. Everything will transfer easily.

And I will still be able to print, highlight, and annotate my books?

Yes! Ebook Central will have all of your favorite tools: attach notes to specific book pages, highlight and color code different passages, copy or print portions of the book.  In fact, most titles will have increased allowances for printing and copying.

I've already provided links to Ebrary books on my Brightspace page or course syllabus. Do I have to go change them all?

No, any URL links you are using to get to current Ebrary books will still work on the new Ebook Central platform - they're good for five years!

I'm actually new to ebooks, but this sounds useful to me.  Where can I go to learn more?

You can find a helpful guide on all of the Ebook Central tools and navigation here.  And don't forget that you can ask the library staff for tips or advice!  We're always happy to help.





No comments: